mY beauTiful MesS

15 November 2007

siGn of Old AgE?


i believe i've received proof that attests to the fact that i am officially old, or at least am past the point of birthdays being exciting, long anticipated events. this is how i know: last night my mom watched joey for me while i was at small group. i came home and she had cleaned my bathroom, mopped my floors, and was just finishing a general cleaning of the house. you really have no idea how excited this made me. no, im serious, i could not think of a better birthday present then this! so... after deeper reflection into this matter, ive determined that this situation is a pretty good indication that i am slowly, yet ever so surely getting old. no longer are the gifts, cakes, and dinners what i want for my annual celebration of birth. nope, after last night i realized that there is something out there which is so much more exciting to receive as a birthday gift: a clean house (with no efforts of my own). thats pathetic, albeit reality. here's to old age:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I think you're on to something there. Personally, I cannot think of a better gift either. Can you tell your mom that she missed my birthday, but that's okay? I accept belated gift cleanings as well. :) Happy Birthday to you. I'll sing to you later. -Charity

2:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

27 seems to have been the cut-off for me being excited about birthdays. Welcome to the group. :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger nAt said...

so, we are old. this is the consensus im getting here..

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home