mY beauTiful MesS

05 September 2007

tRue TrUE






SO BEAR WITH ME
I’M A MESSED UP FREAK
I LOVE MYSELF AND HATE MYSELF
A THOUSAND TIMES A WEEK
BEAR WITH ME
I’M A FOOL, A FREAK
I’LL VISIT HELL
BE A MUTE, THEN YELL
AND YOU WILL WANT TO LEAVE
BUT PLEASE BEAR WITH ME
(lyrics from Bear With Me
by Adam Watts)

there are many times when trying to come up with words which accurately describe your internal state of affairs is an impossible task. ive found that in so many of these times, the best outlet in which to turn is that of music. i can hear a song over and over, as ive done with this one and though i liked it, even enjoyed it, it was just a song. but then, in the midst of this past week, i heard it again and it was like i was hearing it for the first time. adam watts (whose every lyric seems completely applicable to me) apparently was able to take all of my un-verbalized (?) thoughts and then organize them into a tangible, audible arrangement which does a fantastic job at portraying that which i had previosly felt was an impossibility to portray to those on the outside. its subjective im sure and what resonates so clearly to me through the above transcribed words may fall on deaf ears to others who read them through. however, had i been required to collaborate my thoughts and sentiments of this past week, i could not have done a better job.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home