mY beauTiful MesS

10 July 2007

thOrnS


"there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness' "
2 Corinthians 12:7-9

so i have a thorn. thorns can probably have multiple identities, mine is of human form. i keep thinking that its been pulled out and yet there are consistent reminders that it is still there. it is most surely tormenting at times and ive had many a convo's with God asking Him to take it far away. and He has, on certain terms, which rest in His hands. He continually takes this thorn further and further away yet inklings of it still exist. and so as it resurfaces each time in smaller and smaller doses, i need to remember that thorns exist for a reason. they are not meant as only a source of torment, though they can feel as if this is their sole purpose. no, they are avenues of experiencing only more of God's grace. they are circumstances which strengthen our faith. i need to believe this, which i do not do most of the time. but i need to come back to it. for only His grace is sufficient. His power is perfect and its through weaknesses and thorns that that power can and will be displayed. so here's to thorns and to the only power capable of their destruction (who just happened to be wearing a crown of them upon His death, hmm...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home