mY beauTiful MesS

11 March 2007

WeLL saiD


"I am so easily satisfied

by the call of lovers so less wild

That I would take a little cash

Over your very flesh and blood "

(Derek Webb)


i was listening to this song today and i realized that it is so about my life. actually, id have to go so far as to say that if i had a theme song for my life (that be really cool if we all had theme songs...) this one would be a high candidate to be it. and the irony is that ive tasted at times the goodness of the Body and Blood and i know it to be full of the Goodness and Redemption that it promises, and yet im still enticed by those less wild lovers. and this has led me to an even greater respect for the faithfulness of our God. because i love Joey with everything i have, but when he mouths off for the 5th (or 2nd, if i can be honest) time in the same day, i feel like throwing my hands up in defeat and giving up on him. all i can think is "he'll never learn. its hopeless. blahblahblah" and ive realized that this is exactly how i would think if i were dealing with me. and yet God isn't. He's in fact quite the opposite as He tenderly accepts me back even when i "mouth off" to Him for like the 198th time. it's a faithfulness and a love that im incapable of giving or even comprehending and quite often accepting. His love is good and i keep praying that someday my heart and head will align on this truth and discontinue the search for lovers so less wild...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home