mY beauTiful MesS

11 May 2006

i mAde THe cAll


in talking with my mom this evening, i realized that i had apparently retained more bird knowledge then i was aware of during her years as a bird watcher store employee. back in the day, my brother and i would constantly roll our eyes as little tidbits of bird info came our way, but now, I am thankful for all that my mom taught me, and actually use the knowledge, when i can. this happened to take place on saturday as i was sitting with a friend and getting harassed by a bird. this bird would not leave us alone, and i realized his protectiveness in gaurding the area where we were located probably was due to some nest close by. as soon as we moved, the bird left us alone. i then looked closer at the bird and realized that it was a tufted titmouse(ok, in all honesty, it is one of the only bird names that i can recall, but i found out tonite in describing it to my mom that it indeed was a tufted titmouse, i was right:) ). yea, how many 25 year olds can bust that out? "yes, I believe that bird is a tufted titmouse, belonging to the titmice family." probably not too many even know there is such a family. thanks mom, because of you, i do know a tufted titmouse when i see one.

1 Comments:

Blogger nAt said...

i spoke too soon, again. it was a northamerican mockingbird, not a tufted titmouse. so, my bird knowledge isn't so topnotch, oh well.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home