mY beauTiful MesS

06 April 2008

iNseRt: Pep tAlk


ok, deep breath. i am writing this to myself in hopes that in every crisis moment (which will number quite a few over the next 13 weeks) i can read my following words and truly believe that my life will turn out ok. this is the deal...i am almost closing in on an undergrad degree in psychology. feeling i have some degree of competence regarding the intra/inter personal skills, i surmised that this was a promising choice as far as degrees go. and thus far, ive been correct. however, unbeknownst(how in the world do you spell that??) to me, there are 3 required statistics classes which are required (imagine that) to be taken in order to graduate. and i, being the personality-type that i am, have chosen to leave them until the very end. i did complete one in an earlier semester and remember having these feelings which i am now re-experiencing all over again. i made it through and actually did quite decently in the class however in the midst of it, i felt like i was drowning for the entire 8 weeks. and im there again. math is not my thing. i know this and i therefore in the end know that these are the classes with which i will struggle most. but this sense of dread has overtaken me and i am worried about not even passing which in essence means not graduating. this is all ludacris when i step back and look at my history. every time i experience something such as this, i expect the worse and yet somehow, i make it through each and everytime. and thus, i write this to remind myself of this. i've spent, i dont know, probably 15 or 20 hours this week on t tests and anova tests and spss analysis and as i went this afternoon to test my accumlated knowledge, i found that i know nothing. i feel like crying or pulling out my hair or just applying to mcdonalds and being done with it all. my life feels consumed with this stuff. i cant stop thinking about it, ever. its this dark abyss and its freaking statistics. ahhh. i will make it through, i know this, although it certainly won't be my own power ...if anyone should so desire, i could use some prayer. actually, it would be even better if somebody would just step in and take this class for me. any takers??

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike McBride said...

No one ever takes Stats voluntarily, so I wouldn't hold my breath for someone to take it for you. :)

That being said, most people manage to muddle through anyway, and I'm sure you will too. then you'll look back on it, which is the best way to look at stats class, in the past!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Laura Vannatta said...

I feel your pain, as I hate Math as well. Just take it one day, one minute, one breath at a time! You WILL make it through!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home