mY beauTiful MesS

28 January 2006

fyi

Ground Zero (isn't that a crazy image... one of the few remainings of those buildings- a steel cross surviving all the chaos and destruction, I'm happy for the reminder...)

For some reason, I always feel compelled to give reasons in choosing titles- and this pertains to anything- diaries, dogs, children. It seems incomplete, like I'm keeping information from someone, to not share my thoughts as to why I picked a name or title that I have picked. Plus, it's such a comfortable "first entry," that transitions nicely into anything that may follow. Hence my reasonings for the following thoughts that follow.

Thesis Sentence: The reason that I chose "my beautiful mess" as a title for this blog literally has hundreds of legitement explanations or metaphors that could relate to my life. A little sampling of what those might look like: one of the reasons, im sorry, the only reason of what posessed me to have to start all over with a private, unlisted blog- that is such a beautiful mess(beauty having won out, but not w/out the prior messes seeming as if they would leave a lifetime of stains). Ok, the whole of existence here on Earth. utterly beautiful at its core, and yet totally messed up by its inhabitants. Um, 3 year olds in general(the mess relates more to the fact of literally being and making messes- laundry, stains, dried playdoh, faces making evident whatever they last put into their mouths , white-out on walls..just a few examples). My entire existance of 25 years is quite a beautifully, messy messy story. These are just a few of the possible thoughts behind the meaning of the title. In this case though, the truth is simply that I heard the song (by Rascall Flatts) on the radio and couldn't get it out of my head, for hours. It was so annoying, I can't even tell you. Thats why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home